are a popular beauty trend, providing a seamless way to enhance your appearance. If you wear contact lenses and want to get lash extensions, it’s important to know how to maintain them effectively.
When getting lash extensions
, it’s recommended to remove your contacts
beforehand to prevent them from drying out and to avoid any potential irritation from the adhesive fumes. Additionally, avoid using saline wetting solutions on the lash extensions as they can weaken the bond.
After getting your lash extensions, be gentle when wearing contact lenses
to avoid pulling on the lashes. Communication with your lash artist
is essential, especially if you have any sensitivities or concerns.
Overall, with proper care and communication, contact lens wearers can enjoy the benefits of beautiful eyelash extensions
without compromising their eye health.
- Remove your contact lenses before getting lash extensions to prevent drying and irritation.
- Avoid using saline wetting solutions on your lash extensions as they can weaken the bond.
- Be gentle when wearing contact lenses after getting lash extensions to avoid pulling on the lashes.
- Communicate any sensitivities or concerns with your lash artist for a comfortable lash experience.
- Proper care and communication are essential for maintaining both your contact lenses and eyelash extensions.
Can You Wear Contacts with Eyelash Extensions?
Yes, it is safe to wear contacts
with eyelash extensions. Contacts
do not interfere with the extensions or the adhesive used to attach them. You can wear your contact lenses before and after the lash appointment. However, it is advisable to remove the contacts
during the application process to ensure the safety of your eyes and to allow proper oxygen and moisture flow. By removing the contacts, you can minimize the risk of eye infections and discomfort during the lash service.
How to Put in Contact Lenses with Eyelash Extensions
Putting in contact lenses with eyelash extensions requires gentle and careful handling. To ensure a smooth process, follow these steps:
- Open your eyes as wide as possible.
- Use your middle finger to pull down the lower eyelid.
- Take your contact lens and place it on the tip of your index finger.
- Slowly bring your index finger towards your eye, positioning the lens over your eyeball.
- Release your middle finger, allowing the lens to settle into place.
- Blink a few times to make sure the lens is correctly aligned.
It is crucial to avoid pulling or tugging on the lashes while putting in your contact lenses. Doing so can damage the extensions or cause retention issues.
By following these steps, you can easily put in your contact lenses without affecting your eyelash extensions.
How to Remove Contacts with Eyelash Extensions
When it comes to maintaining your eyelash extensions and contact lenses, proper removal of the contacts is essential. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to remove contacts
with eyelash extensions:
- Open your eyes as wide as possible to ensure a clear view of the contact lens and prevent any interference with the extensions.
- Use your middle finger to gently pull down the lower eyelid, creating enough space to access the contact lens.
- With your thumb and index finger, carefully pinch the lens to break the seal between the lens and your eye.
- Gently remove the lens from your eye, ensuring that you avoid touching the upper eyelid where the extensions are placed.
- Repeat the same steps for the other eye.
By following these guidelines, you can safely remove your contacts without causing damage or disruption to your beautiful eyelash extensions.
- Always wash your hands thoroughly before removing your contacts to maintain proper hygiene.
- Be gentle and avoid tugging or pulling on the extensions during contact lens removal.
- If you experience any discomfort or notice any changes in your vision while removing your contacts, seek professional advice from an eye care specialist.
By taking care when removing your contacts with eyelash extensions, you can ensure both the health of your eyes and the longevity of your beautiful lashes
Tips for Wearing Contacts and Eyelash Extensions
and eyelash extensions together can enhance your overall appearance and provide a seamless beauty care
routine. To ensure a comfortable and successful experience, here are some essential tips
- Remove contacts before your lash appointment: It is recommended to remove your contacts before the lash appointment to ensure comfort and safety during the procedure. This allows your eyes to rest and prevents any potential irritation caused by the lash adhesive fumes.
- Bring glasses for measurements: If you need to wear glasses, bring them to your lash appointment. This helps your lash artist to measure the appropriate lash length and ensure a perfect fit that complements your glasses.
- Consider wearing glasses after lash application: If you have sensitive eyes, it might be preferable to wear glasses instead of contacts after getting your lashes done. This can provide additional comfort and minimize the risk of irritation.
- Communicate with your lash artist: Always communicate any discomfort or concerns you may have with your lash artist. They can provide personalized advice and make adjustments to suit your specific needs.
By following these tips
, you can maintain the longevity and beauty of both your contacts and eyelash extensions while enjoying a hassle-free experience.
Can You Wear Contacts While Getting Lash Extensions?
While getting lash extensions, you may wonder if it’s possible to wear your contacts during the appointment. While it is technically feasible, it is highly recommended to remove your contacts for a more comfortable and safe experience.
Keeping your eyes closed throughout the lash service allows the lash artist to work efficiently and ensures that the adhesive fumes do not irritate your eyes. By removing your contacts, you minimize any potential risks or discomfort during the process.
|Wearing Contacts While Getting Lash Extensions
|1. Enhanced comfort
|– Allows lash artist to work without obstruction
– Minimizes risks and discomfort during the procedure
|– Ensure proper cleaning and disinfection of contacts before reinsertion
|– Prevents adhesive fumes from irritating the eyes
|– Follow the lash artist’s recommendations for post-care
|3. Efficient lash application
|– Closed eyes provide easy access to lashes
– Reduces the risk of accidental contact with the extensions
|– Inform the lash artist about any known sensitivities
How Long After Lash Extensions Can I Wear Contacts?
After getting lash extensions, you may be wondering when it’s safe to start wearing your contacts again. The good news is that there is no specific waiting period required. As soon as your lash appointment is over, you can go ahead and wear your contacts without any issues.
However, it’s important to handle your contacts with care to avoid interfering with the extensions. When putting in your contact lenses, be gentle and mindful of your lash extensions. Avoid any tugging or pulling that may cause damage or affect the bond.
By following this simple guideline, you can seamlessly transition from your lash appointment to comfortably wearing your contacts again.
Benefits of Wearing Contacts After Lash Extensions
after getting lash extensions offers several benefits:
- Enhanced visual acuity: Contacts provide a clear and unobstructed vision compared to glasses, allowing you to fully appreciate the beauty of your lash extensions.
- Greater comfort: Contacts eliminate the weight and pressure that glasses may exert on your nose and temples, offering increased comfort throughout the day.
- Style versatility: Contacts allow you to experiment with different eyeshadow styles and colors without the restrictions imposed by glasses frames.
|Enhanced visual acuity
|Requires proper handling
|Regular cleaning and maintenance
How to Care for Eyelash Extensions and Contacts
Taking care of both your eyelash extensions and contacts is crucial for maintaining their quality and ensuring the health of your eyes. By following these care tips
, you can enjoy beautiful lashes
and seamless contact lens wear.
Maintaining Eyelash Extensions:
- Avoid getting any products directly on the lash extensions, including saline wetting solutions. These can weaken the bond and cause premature lash loss.
- Follow the aftercare routine provided by your lash artist to keep your extensions clean and in optimal condition.
- Be gentle when cleansing your face and avoid rubbing or pulling on the lashes. Use a lash cleanser or a mild, oil-free cleanser to remove makeup.
- Avoid sleeping on your face to prevent crushing your lashes.
Caring for Contacts:
- Clean your contacts regularly following the instructions provided by your eye care professional.
- Use the recommended cleaning solution and always wash your hands before handling your contacts.
- Replace your contacts as recommended by your eye care provider to ensure optimal visual clarity and comfort.
- Never use tap water or saliva to clean your contacts as they can introduce harmful bacteria.
Keeping both your eyelash extensions and contacts clean is essential to avoid infections or discomfort. Following the recommended care instructions and scheduling regular check-ups with your eye care professional can help ensure the ongoing health of your eyes.
with your lash artist and an eye care professional for personalized advice and guidance tailored to your specific needs. They can provide you with further information on maintaining your eyelash extensions and contacts for a seamless and enjoyable beauty care routine.
Styling Choices for Eyelash Extensions and Glasses Wearers
If you wear glasses, it is essential to consider how they may affect the styling choices
for your eyelash extensions. The length and curls of the extensions should be customized to accommodate the position of your glasses on your face.
If your glasses sit close to your eyes, shorter and more natural-looking extensions may be preferable. These extensions will not interfere with your glasses and provide a seamless look. On the other hand, if your glasses are further from your face, you may have more flexibility in choosing longer and more dramatic extensions that can complement your frames.
Working with your lash artist is crucial in finding the best styling choices
that enhance your overall look. They are experienced in creating eyelash extensions that beautifully align with your glasses and facial features. By discussing your preferences and considering your glasses’ position, you can achieve a harmonious balance between your extensions and eyewear.
Styling Recommendations for Glasses Wearers:
- Opt for shorter and more natural-looking extensions if your glasses sit close to your eyes.
- Consider longer and more dramatic extensions if your glasses are further from your face.
- Cooperate with your lash artist to customize a style that complements your frames.
|Suggested Extension Style
|Close to the eyes
|Shorter and natural-looking extensions
|Further from the face
|Longer and more dramatic extensions
Remember, your eyelash extensions should enhance your eyes and work harmoniously with your glasses. It’s all about finding the right balance and personalizing your lash look to suit your unique style and individuality.
Consult with Your Lash Artist
If you have any questions, concerns, or specific needs regarding wearing contacts
with eyelash extensions, it is important to consult
with your lash artist. They are knowledgeable and experienced in the field and can provide personalized advice and instructions. Communication is key to ensuring a successful and comfortable lash experience. Don’t hesitate to reach out to your lash artist for guidance and support.
Can Wearing Contact Lenses Affect How I Care for My Eyelash Extensions After Swimming?
Yes, wearing contact lenses can affect caring for eyelash extensions after swimming. With contact lenses, there may be an increased risk of water and bacteria getting trapped between the lens and your eye, affecting the cleanliness and overall care of your eyelash extensions after swimming.
Enjoy Beautiful Lashes with Contacts
, contact lens wearers can confidently enjoy the beauty of eyelash extensions. By following the proper care and maintenance guidelines, you can maintain the health and longevity of both your contacts and lash extensions. Remove your contacts during the lash appointment, be gentle when putting them in or taking them out, and communicate with your lash artist about any concerns or sensitivities. With these considerations, you can effortlessly rock beautiful lashes
while wearing contacts.